Tuesday, November 27, 2007

diamonds are a girl's best friend....

so every time i get a new Cottage Living, i get another inspiration. last month, it was fran's letters (which i need to show y'all) and this month it's kitty's dining room. i love the diamond wall treatment....however, i think it's over my head. the homeowner, kitty, did this by hand, three times until she finally got this result- which i think is stunning. i would go absolutely crazy trying to perfect this look. for pete's sake, i went crazy trying to paint 6 letters...can you imagine the stress i would be under! plus, it's all about the straight lines, good painter's tape, and math. i love the white and chocolate...my dining room would look more like a tiffany's box b/c it's robin's egg blue and i can visualize the diamonds in white....my husband would kill me...i can see me now, on a ladder attempting to get a straight line...yep, this project isn't going to happen. but way to go kitty!

2 comments:

Brilliant Asylum said...

This is fantastic! I love how it reflects ever-so-slightly off of the ceiling too.

The name "Cottage Living" sounds so provincial, but they have some hip ideas up their sleeves.

Quatrefoil Design said...

That is one magazine that I do not subscribe to, however, I always love the things the bloggers feature. I may need to reconsider!