Monday, December 10, 2007

bronze, the classy way of saying brass....



i can't believe i am writing about this but brass is creeping back into the design world. some of you may say "did it ever leave"...well, if that is what you are thinking- YES, it left! you must be one of those who are holding onto that chandelier that came w/ the house when you bought it in the early 90's. i think that if you put the word "antique" in front of brass- antique brass, it makes the word sound so much better. brass is something i associate w/ the 80's and early 90's...but lately, (can't believe i am saying this) i am loving some bronze/ antique brass looks . you will be seeing it in hardware, which is pictured above (thanks beach bungalow8). i love the way it reads in this kitchen and the light just screams cool. lighting is another place it will be found... and you will also see this finish in a lot of furniture design. i adore this lona design console in pale pink with bronze accents. so, i guess we must give brass...let me clear my throat- bronze/ antique brass another look. and forgive those nice people who have hung onto their beloved 80's brass chandeliers.....

9 comments:

Things That Inspire said...

That's why I never replaced the doorknobs or chandeliers in my late 80s built home...I was waiting for brass to come back in style! (Or, maybe it is because I always think that I will move into a better house in a few years, so why bother changing things that stay with the house?). Anyway, glad to read this post!

{this is glamorous} said...

You may be right about rethinking bronze because the pale pink console with bronze (okay, antique brass) accents is very stylish!

Laura said...

I am also loving "antique brass" lately because it's so warm and sparkly. I especially love it with pastels as in the picture you're showing--very chic. I also like to mix metals and like seeing antique brass with stainless steel or chrome.

House & Life said...

Shannon,

I think we we're seperated at birth! I just started composing a post with that very first picture. I just love the grey with the brass, I'm considering going with the exact same tones with my new kitchen.

Me, Myself, & I said...

I love the pink and antique brass.

Funny how things come and go. I've been pulling out some old gold jewelry to wear it again...

Anonymous said...

как лижут у малолеток http://free-3x.com/ секс в школе free-3x.com/ ебут студентку онлайн [url=http://free-3x.com/]free-3x.com[/url]

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read that article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read this blog. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

BTW, buy GSM jammer to jam all spy transmitters in your room or office.