Monday, September 29, 2008

common denominator....




i can't get enough of the greek key- it's such a classic design element. but what i really adore is the exaggerated greek key- its totally edgy! i feel like kelly was the first to bring this look to the design scene. and from there, it has really taken off...
i often think about replicating amanda nisbet's greek key headboard (that room is killer)...sometimes, i even think i can try to make it myself...but then flashes of unfinished projects come into my head and that idea is quickly squashed...
and then there is ann gish's greek key bedding ensemble....it is beautiful. although, i don't know if i would have all of those pieces together on one bed but the pillows and maybe the dustruffle would look killer in a room.
my eyes always zoom in on the key- anyway its used. kind of crazy that i don't have any in my own house...maybe one day! have a great monday!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

love it, especially Amanda Nesbit's headboard!

Unknown said...

Can I join your club, because I am absolutely obsessed with Greek Key design!

porter hovey said...

just love those pillows!

Brilliant Asylum said...

I am definitely feeling it too. I just got a pair of oversized greek key pillows from Ankasa that I love.

pve design said...

just when I read your post, and thought that you were going "geeky" on us, then I put on my glasses and said, oh, "greek-key" :)
greek-key's are always in style, you are in! :)

simply seleta said...

oh, hello, heart flutters.

Louisa said...

Love the Amanda Nisbet - but that first pic is just too much for me!

Madeline Weinrib has a nice cotton owven carpet with a greek key design along the border. Love, love, love.

Have a great weekend!

Jessica Claire said...

I am so for the greek key!

The second picture is one of my all time faves- if I have a teenage girl one day that's how I will decorate her bedroom