Thursday, June 25, 2009

Testing new idea: featured fabric of the week



so i have decided to test out a new idea, hence, featured fabric of the week...it might be something that interest you or it might be something that doesn't take, but let's give it a try. so often the words "to-the-trade" come off as meaning "oh, i guess i can't get that"...i thought it might be nice to create a way that the general public can obtain these designer fabrics and wall coverings at a fraction of the retail cost. i am aware that they are offered at various sites online and that you no longer have to go to a designer to order them, but i thought it might be nice during these times to extend them to you at a discounted price.... here is how it will work: i will post a feature fabric and offer it to my readers at a discounted price for one week. if you are interested in the product, i will order it for you and have it shipped to you....simple enough. if it seems like it is popular, i will continue to post popular fabrics/ wallpapers each week or so (suggestions are always welcome). okay, so without further ado, here's the first featured fab:

i decided to go w/ the ever popular KWID Imperial Trellis. it is a fabric that i continuously get emails about. although she has been around for a little while, she still appeals to so many and is such an eye catching pattern. checkout this website for colorways and pattern repeats. i am extending the discounts for the fabric and the wallpaper....
  • suggest retail price for Imperial Trellis fabric: $172 per yd, Featured Price: $102

  • suggest retail price for Imperial Trellis wallpaper: $204 per single roll, Featured Price: $120

for inquiries and orders, please email me at shannon@shannondarbydesign.com and remember this offer is good until the 7-2-09!! my hope is that this feature will allow all of y'all to be able to access the wonderful fabrics and wallpapers you see in all of the magazines and blogs. i know that "to-the-trade" pricing can be high and that is why, hopefully, this will help out a little....

UPDATE: i am so excited that this is going well...i wanted to let y'all know that Imperial Trellis II is also included in the sale....so look here for more colorways.

*images courtesy of decor pad, house and garden, style court

33 comments:

Jenny B. said...

i, for one, love this idea. i was this close to obtaining an LLC just to get my hands on some of those things!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Great idea! Love this and of course KWID Trellis was a great way to start this off. Can't wait to see whatelse you pick!

Jennifer said...

you are too, too sweet!

Alicia B. Designs said...

What a great idea! Wish I'd thought of that...

Priscilla Parizeau said...

Agreed, great series, your post sent me to Schumacher for a while - they have great papers! Can't wait to see what's next!

SGM said...

From someone who has been too intimidated to call my design center to order fabric, THANK YOU!

Do you have a minimum order requirement?

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Shannon- What a great idea. I am sure this will go over well!

Mimi said...

Great idea! Good luck..I'm sure you will get a wonderful response. I have always loved that paper...Chloe Sevigny's hallway is hot! Hurray to Pink wallpaper and KWID!

NKW said...

What a fantastic idea!! I'm sure it will be a success!

A Flair for Vintage Decor said...

Wonderful idea!! I may take you up on it! Take care, Caroline

Anonymous said...

ugh I wish I could afford it..I lust for curtains.

Unknown said...

What a great idea, but I have just finished renovating...well, later!
XX
Victoria

Lovely Little Nest said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and I have to say I absolutely LOVE it! So many beautiful room photos :)

sarah said...

I love the idea, but can you do some less expensive fabric too...thanks!

Anonymous said...

Such a great idea. Thank you so much!

My Notting Hill said...

Seriously love this idea. I hope you continue this because as soon as I see one that will work for something I have planned I will definitely order it. Love the Trellis though, great first choice.Thanks!!

Alicia said...

No this idea is genius!!! You must continue....definitely!!!
I must also point out that the photos do not do this fabric justice, even on the website. Its wonderful!!!!

La Maison Fou said...

I love this one!
Order me a yard! Or two, or three........
L

The Blushing Hostess said...

Just fyi - I have long done a pattern and product spotlights on entertaining patterns called "Pattern Spotlight" it started as a place to just give readers some idea as to the most beautiful ones out there that you really cannot find at bridal registries. It became a cost center at Blushing Hostess Entertains blog - let me just say, I have had few better ideas.

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Incredibly wonderful! I will be sure to be watching. I so love KWID Imperial Trellis! Thanks for passing along a discount to your readers.

alison giese Interiors said...

Shannon. This. is. AWESOME! I realize I have seven days in which to a) Convince my husband that this is a GREAT deal and savings, and b) Figure out which colorway to choose.

beachvintage.com said...

Fabulous idea. Well done. I am sure it will work extremely well.

Anonymous said...

i just found this blog today, and i love it! i'm a charlestonite myself. :) (is that even a word? ha.)

Blair Friedeman said...

What a fabulous idea and what a fantastic fabric to start with!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Shannon - Love this!

Buffy Alten said...

LOve this idea! Does this wonderful offer include the Treillage color as seen in the photos you have posted?

Oliveaux said...

Love this fabric...I am sure it will be really popular.

Number Four Eleven said...

Love your fabric idea! And love your picture of the black Chippendale cabinet with the trellis paper inside...that was from our shop in Savannah!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Wow, that pattern is absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

This is such a great idea! and I love the piece in the top picture, I want one!

naphtali said...

Love this pattern - so lovely!

Under a Green Roof said...

this is a great idea - and what an awesome fabric/pattern to start with!!!

hello gorgeous said...

I recently did a post about how I'm over Imperial Trellis. It was all a lie. I love the first photo! (and C.S.'s apt. is still a favorite).