Thursday, June 11, 2009

things that are making me happy this AM...





1) i have been grinning from ear to ear b/c i FINALLY put our DR table into our house...it's been sitting in my parents and then our garage for over a yr....i cannot tell you how much i have enjoyed being able to just wipe up taylor's mess after eating vs. the antique wooden table that was there before...way less stressful! more on this later....

2) connie over at Linda & Harriett sent me wonderful samples of their beautiful letterpress note cards...i can't tell you how amazing they are (the mermaid and zig zag patterns are fab...they would make great wallpaper). and she wrote a sweet note on the notepad paper; i am dying to get this notepad and for $12 it won't break the bank...if you haven't checked out their designs, you are really missing out.

3) riding my new-to-me beach cruiser in the AM is so much fun (thanks dad)....sometimes i giggle to myself at how funny i must look trying to ride fast on this kind of bike. you know what the best part about getting out early is- seeing how people live- you catch the closet smokers on their walk, the lady who tries to run out in her robe to get the paper, the really in shape girl who can sport just the sport's bra and shorts and look great in it (i'm happy for her, really...i just hope she doesn't get too close to my bike tire)

4) i am getting my hair did :) thanks to my sweet in-laws, i will no longer have roots and can sport that summer blonde hair i love to pretend is real :) i mean come on, who at my age really is a true blonde??!!
HAPPY THURSDAY!! only one more day until the weekend :)
*image courtesy of me, linda and harriett, shelter, flickr

13 comments:

phillips phamily said...

This post made me smile for many reasons:
1. the dining room table-gorg!
2. the sports bra girl and your bike tire :)
3. getting the hair did.

Love it. Have a great weekend!

Mimi said...

What a great story and perfect pictures to go along with it! Made me smile too..sounds like today is a fabulous day...:)
Thanks!

SpryOnTheWall said...

Loving the table!!!

LindsB said...

The table looks great, you must have been so excited the day it came out of the garage and into our home- love it!

My Notting Hill said...

Love that dining room table! And, very funny line about the don't get to close to the bike tire.

Anna Sue Moss said...

That table is fabulous! I am a new reader to your blog and I love it! Great posts!

Sara

Rebecca June | Sea Island Drive said...

I hate you because your dining room table is TOO fabulous for words! You are the luckiest girl in the world!

xoxo

Rebecca June

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

All of these are so fun and should definitely make you smile!

megan @ a life's design said...

Your table is fabulous!

Alicia said...

Love the new table. Cant wait for the next edition of "baby I love you more than the antiques".
If by any chance your tire accidentally meets jogger bra girl...I'll bail you out with pleasures & grins!!!!

tarheel said...

Your bike tire makes me laugh, and your table is too fabulous.

paula said...

the table looks amazing. It's much bigger than I first though, just beautiful.

susie q said...

That table is just fabulous!! Oh, I'm envious...