Tuesday, July 14, 2015

life.

in case you missed it on instagram, we are in the process of moving...again.  someone was interested in our house and i was up for another project, my husband not so much.  i wanted a gut job, my husband not so much...he was really enjoying our brand new home.  we are moving a couple of blocks away to a mid-century ranch.  never did i think i would say those words.....
but it's been fun so far.  is it my choice of desired exteriors, not really but i love a challenge and i love watching the process of something transforming into your own.  our house has only had one owner and so everything in the house was circa 1969.  i tackled the kitchen first.  here are some before pics...



here are some pics of the process.  we ripped out all of the upper cabinets, which opened up the eat-in kitchen side and made it feel like part of the kitchen.  it seems so much bigger now.  all of the ceramic tile was ripped out and will be replaced by a white washed oak wood floor.

we had our carpenter rework the lower cabinets by keeping the shell and making new drawers and doors.  i had one new upper cabinet made b/c i like having somewhere to store glasses without them being out in the open.  i will do open shelving on the other side of the window (much like our current kitchen).  we built a new cabinet on the end where the double ovens use to be.  all the brown paneling was covered with ship lap, super excited about this!!  we built a custom island that mirrors the walls w/ ship lap.


one side of the kitchen, we are leaving the same layout.  it houses great upper and lower storage, a pantry, and a built-in desk.  we simply reworked the cabinet doors and drawers, changed out the bi-fold doors for the pantry and added ship lap to the walls.  this side of the kitchen, we plan to use more as a bar.  i am thinking of putting antique mirrors on the upper cabinet doors to make it a little different. 

on the oven side, we ripped out the cook top and will replace it with a range.  a new bottom cabinet was made to sit on the other side of the stove and a cabinet surround was made for the new refrigerator.  our cabinet guy built a custom hood for the stove.  there will be no uppers on this side of the kitchen.


well that gives you an idea on what i've been up to this summer.  i want to be better about blogging during this renovation so don't give up on me :)  xoxo, shannon

28 comments:

Kate Abt said...

How exciting for you Shannon. I did the same thing last year with moving and the kitchen was first!!! Good luck with it all and looking forward to the progress.

Leslie said...

Wow! That is quite a project! I can't wait to see how it all comes together. :)

lizziefitz said...

I love it all! Tell your husband you can get a brand spanking new villa at Del Booca Vista when y'all retire. #seinfeld

Meryl & Russell McLendon said...

WOW! I was excited to see a new post and even more excited to see that you are doing a renovation! I'm so sorry, I hardly comment, but I have always enjoyed your blogging. You have such an amazing eye and I just know you will do something wonderful with your new home!

pinkcamellias said...

Oh my gosh, your kitchen looks like the 60s and the 80s had a baby - that tile! I have a 1963 ranch and I had those exact cabinets before we redid our kitchen. You would pull out the drawers, and the slide was made of wood, so a bunch of sawdust would accumulate in the lower cabinets. We had brown plaid wallpaper, fake brick linoleum and a 1970s Magic Chef that wouldn't hold a cookie sheet.

I think you are doing a great job of livening up this kitchen! I love the shiplap - I am looking forward to seeing the end result! I'm sure it will be great!

Kirsten Wareham said...

Can't wait to see it all painted!!!!

Cydia Apps said...


WhatsApp Girls, WhatsApp Numbers, Whatsapp Status, WhatsApp Wallpaper, WhatsApp Web, WhatsApp Download, Whatsapp Plus, UK Girls Whatsapp Number
Here : http://www.whatsapp-tools.com

Red Wood Creations said...

Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this .very interesting information.i would like to do all the information

artificial grass suppliers in delhi

Red Wood Creations said...

Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this. very interesting information. i like with express my support of your ideas in your article, and looking forward to your next article.

designer wallpaper suppliers in india

Twinkle Garg said...

Very nice post, impressive. its quite different from other posts. Thanks for sharing.

designer wallpaper suppliers in india

Computertricksweb Blogspot said...

nice blog i like it
How to Keyboard Typing Speed Increase
How Whatsapp Install on My Computer
How Delete Computer Temporary Files Window XP
How To Hide Computer Folder And Personal Documents

Black Kitty said...

My blog: Blog lập trình

Priyanka Lal said...

I am a poor girl, I have lost my father a few days back and I need money to live. please help me. please go to this link and make account and click some ads. you will earn money and I will also earn 5% of what you will earn. so please... please help me-

Link is - http://csl.ink/6AI

Priyanka Lal said...

I am a poor girl, I have lost my father a few days back and I need money to live. please help me. please go to this link and make account and click some ads. you will earn money and I will also earn 5% of what you will earn. so please... please help me-

Link is - http://csl.ink/6AI

Shiya Priya said...

Nice Website...
Hey JOIN now fblikesbot.com and Increase Facebook Likes your profile and websites.
Increase Facebook Likes and check your website worth worth my websites
FB Likes and check your website worth Website Value Calculator
Hot Wallpapers seo tools website
its may be very beneficial for you also really

time 92 said...

Nyc Post Bro
http://www.time92.com/category/wallpaper/

IDIL Bom said...

Valuable for information.. Is there any further reading you would recommend on this?

Ally
wall paper doesn’t spoil walls

Lucky Sign said...

You are sharing creative blog but needed some more information so please provide lot more content. thanks. wallpaper purchase online

TimBowers said...

Hi naturally like your web site however you have to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very bothersome to inform the reality on the other hand I’ll definitely come again again.
Living Room Wallpaper

IDIL Bom said...

Valuable for information.. Is there any further reading you would recommend on this?

Ally
Wallpaper

raja bilal said...

http://www.wallpaper3d.pk/

Vanitha Raj said...



I was excited to find this web site.
bbmdisplaypictures blog

Ysela Tapia said...

very good, I love more images here :D
http://wallpaperslikeshd.blogspot.com/
velikes wallpapers collection :D
http://imagesoflovepinterest.blogspot.com/

Umar Aziz Sindhu said...

i like the kitchen style.

Guys check out wallpapers on this site i love them anchor text

Wallpaper Latest said...

dgdsgdsagsaf

Jordan Ovilia said...

This is the game is played so great. Invite you to experience it interesting things there.
duck life | io games | tank trouble 2
strike force heroes | strike force heroes 4 | slither io
earn to die | goodgame empire

strike force heroes | strike force heroes 4
slither.io | age of war | happy wheels | tank trouble 2

Clark said...

Wow,
It's just amazing looking wallpaper,
.Toko Wallpaper

Kanak Trades said...

nice images and good project.
thanks


Intraday MCX Tips