Wednesday, April 8, 2009

industrialized....









the look is popping up everywhere, even in those pesky mail order catalogs that arrive at your house daily. the industrial look is something that makes my heart skip a beat. i don't need a whole house filled w/ stainless steel but little bits of it interjected into a space makes me happy. that is why when i saw the kitchen w/ the locker baskets, i freaked. that image quickly jumped to the top of my "favorites list". i found the article from country living and read the story on the designer, Aaron Foster, who created that awesome kitchen- everything was from ebay, home depot, or flea market fairs.....
then last night, i almost died when i saw please sir's locker set...ohhh, how i would kill to have that living in my house! she spotted it in college and knew she had to have it! oh the possibilities that locker set holds!! so i am on a mission...i will be searching every reStore, flea market, and restaurant supply company (i have never been to one...tay get ready, we have an outing)....i need a little more industrial in my life...like this old metal desk from a french post office...wouldn't it be a perfect place to pay bills?!

13 comments:

La Maison Fou said...

Love this! The French industrial, chic feel is a love of mine.
Leslie
lamaisonfou blog

Haven and Home said...

Love this look, I am currently looking for lockers now!

please sir said...

Thanks for the link love! Yes, as you could tell I am madly in love with my locker set and think you should search, search, search for one too! I'll keep my eyes open - thanks again!

Anonymous said...

that grocery sign is the bombdigaddy.i wish i could shop like that. or i should say have the sense to shop like that! love it!!!

megan @ a life's design said...

We love the industrial look as well, but don't want a whole house of it. I like the little 'bits' throughout the house. Industrial items we have found and bought are a locker, desk and stool, two baskets, a fan (that works!), a trunk, and the most recent, two sliding drawers. In our condo I think we have hit our peak, but I know I could add more!

megan @ a life's design said...

this site will make you drool:
http://www.industrialchic.net/

these guys are always at Scott's in Atlanta. we have bought a couple of pieces from them. i always have to stop by and see what they have and what they have created! be sure to click on their flikr images to see everything. http://www.industrial-chic.com/

Anonymous said...

I found mine at Scott's if you ever find yourself in the Atlanta area. Love your blog!!!!

Anonymous said...

dribble- dribble, drool-drool.. love it!

knack said...

fantastic stuff!!

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment! I look forward to meeting you ! :)

Rebecca June | Sea Island Drive said...

I am jumping on board with you and my husband better jump on the bandwagon too!

Thank you for my next QUEST!

xoxo

Rebecca June

alison giese Interiors said...

Another droolworthy site for this look:
www.northstarantiques.com

No.35style said...

i love this look, too! i am wanting some lockers.

LindsB said...

I would love to have that desk, it would be the perfect crafting place- how fun!